contemplation of

trying to find as many varieties of kale to plant

Friday, April 1, 2011

starting go green

Today starts the Raw Food Rehab's 8th initiative.  Penni Shelton is the director of the program and we are calling this one Go Green.  For more information go to:http://rawfoodrehab.ning.com/

Today is the first day of the initiative and my first blog...so we'll see what develops.  

For now I will post what my day is like...diet, exercise and eventually thoughts.

Breakfast:

1 quart of green juice (to be sipped on through the morning.) 
banana with buckwheat (buckie) cereal with goji, golden berries and mulberries (dried)
buckwheat was sprouted and then dehydrated.  If you never had them - you should try it.  They taste just like to snap, crackle and pop cereals from the past. 
Topped that with cup of hemp mylk.  

Lunch:
A raw broccoli salad with re-hydrated shiitake mushrooms topped with a dressing of 1/3 EVOO - extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons each tamari and ACV - apple cider vinegar.  Mixed together and sprinkled with hemp seeds and an addition of mixed sea vegetable sprinkles.  


More juice in the afternoon...


Water kefir helps sustain me also through the day. 


Dinner and after:
In the evening I usually take it lighter by eating a fermented vegetable salad...when I have the time I like to make my own.  


During the course of the evening I like to get that last alkaline shot - with one last cup of green juice, usually left over from the middle day jar.  





1 comment:

  1. Henrietta!! So excited to follow your blog - I'm your first follower! I have a blog too. Check it out when you get a chance.
    http://lovinglifesadventures.blogspot.com
    I can't wait for us to go through this together. I'm so blessed to have you as a support system and friend through all of this. Good luck to you and may all your goals be reached! xox

    ReplyDelete